The thousands of military personnel and their families in Aviano, Italy need access to a Gospel preaching Presbyterian church that they can become members of, and where they can receive the means of grace as they are rightly taught, preached, and administered, that they might grow in the grace and knowledge of Christ.
The need is also very great among the Italian people. Only about 1% of the Italian population are bible believing Christians, with most being nominally Roman Catholic. There is a strong secular mindset, and the fastest growing religion is Islam.
Short term: To plant a PCA church in Aviano, Italy to minister the Gospel and the means of grace to the military community and English speaking Italians and others.
Long term: Plant an Italian speaking Presbyterian church in Italy.
The Mission: To grow in and share the good news of new life in Christ.
* To grow in the good news of new life in Christ: We are committed to the lifelong process of growing in the grace and knowledge of Christ, that we might be conformed to His image and be enabled more and more to die unto sin and live unto righteousness.
* To share the good news of new life in Christ: We want to reach people for, and teach them about Jesus Christ, sacrificially using our talent, time, and treasure to that end.
This is done through the means of grace: God’s Word, the sacraments, prayer, and fellowship.
In sum, we want to see the Gospel SEEP into every area of peoples lives:
1. Spiritual: Provide biblically prescribed and faithful worship services, and biblical instruction for adults and children.
2. Emotional: Provide biblical, gospel-driven and focused pastoral counseling.
3. Educational: Provide Bible studies, educational seminars, and ESL (English as a Second Language) for Italians and others.
4. Physical: Minister to physical needs.